Mittwoch, 27. Dezember 2017

Self-Illusion and Disillusion

"Perhaps the greatest enemy to authentic awakening is (...) our utterly unfounded belief in our own spotless virtue."
"When I experienced these failures and derelictions in myself, something extraordinary happened. I felt with an intensity I had never felt before the extravagance of the mercy and forgiveness of God, and I knew, with a clarity that made me break down in wonder, that what I was discovering with shame and great distress, the Divine had always known and forgiven."
"When you face your own evil, you are rewarded with the knowledge of just how unconditional God's Love is and just how miraculously this infinite Love will work on the small parts in you that are sincere and devoted, however shaky and compromised they may be, to work its resurrection."
Andrew Harvey, The Hope, p.96f

Indeed, I see how my ego-driven self-righteousness eventually leads to an imagined attack against my own kin of the Divine Family as long as I allow the ego to run my thoughts and beliefs unaware in the darkness of my sub-consciousness.
And I see how the Holy Spirit is rendering these thoughts and beliefs to the Light of Awareness and Knowledge so that they can be corrected by the Divine Truth if I just allow Him to look at them instead of hiding them in the darkness any further.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen